Your feet are precious; they carry you many a mile and help you to maintain your posture. It is no surprise that they may feel tired, calloused, or swollen by the end of the day. Give your feet the attention they really deserve by pampering them with a foot spa.
- Improves blood circulation– This is probably the most known foot spa benefit reported online. When your feet are under stress, the circulation of your blood tends to be impeded. A foot spa releases the tension formed around the tight muscles and tendons. This allows blood to flow and circulate smoothly to your other bodily organs and brain. In addition to transporting oxygen and nutrition to your body cells, the blood also cleanses toxins from your body.
- Makes you relaxed– In each of our feet is an important point called the solar plexus point which basically contains all your stress. When a foot massage presses on the solar plexus reflex, the stress stored in this little warehouse is released, alleviating anxiety and renewing the body.
- Heightens energy level– Every foot spa should ideally be accompanied by a foot massage. Blockages found in tight muscles contain the energy that should be flowing throughout your body. Through a well-performed foot massage targeting pressure points (reflexology), the foot is rubbed such that the blockages are released and energy is brought back through the different parts of the body freely.
- Balance in overall well-being– Balance is when all your body parts are working together in harmony to give you an overall healthy body and mind. When your reflexes are stimulated, you are brought to a state of relaxation and healing. When the whole body is relaxed, you don’t feel the anxiety, tension and other harmful effects of stress on the body. As such, the chances of getting diseases associated with stress are reduced.
- Alleviates headaches and symptoms of PMS and menopause– Several studies online show that headaches are alleviated when the brain senses happy hormones. Happy hormones are usually brought about by heightened positive emotions, peak of exercise, sex, and reflexology treatments. There are some reports that patients suffering from headaches are noted to reduce the symptoms of migraine after several sessions of reflexology treatments per week. A foot spa coupled with reflexology treatments also address symptoms seen during PMS periods such as feelings of irritability, fatigue, mood swings, sadness and unhappiness. With regular foot spa, most of these symptoms can be drastically reduced.
- Helps with plantar fasciitis, flat feet, and minimizing foot injuries– Some people suffer from plantar fasciitis which is the inflammation of the heel or the bottom of the feet, which occurs when one has very flat feet or very high arches. Some people address this by wearing shoes with an arch support or soft insoles. Others insert a sculpted orthotics tailored to the arch level of the foot.
- Reduces effects of edema in pregnant women
Edema, which is the swelling of the feet and ankles due to fluid retention, is very common in pregnant women, especially when in the last trimester. This condition can be lessened by daily reflexology therapy on the feet combined with proper diet and rest.