Reflexology is best for people who are looking to relax or restore their natural energy levels. It’s also a good option if you aren’t comfortable being touched on your entire body. Reflexology uses gentle to firm pressure on different pressure points of the feet, hands, and ears. You can wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows access to your legs.
Benefits of Refloxology
- Cancer – reflexology is regularly used on those suffering with cancer. It is known to reduce symptoms caused by chemotherapy including nausea, pain, constipation and diarrhoea. It can also help with sleep and anxiety.
- Arthritis – reflexology has also been used to treat for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, with patients reportedly feeling up to 40% less pain.
- Hypertension – a common risk of heart disease, reflexology is thought to assist with the reduction of hypertension.
- Anxiety and depression – the two most common mental health problems. The relaxation side of reflexology can extend to the mind to calm and aid any signs of depression and anxiety.
- Multiple sclerosis – this is a disease of the nervous system and it’s suggested that reflexology decreases the fatigue felt with multiple sclerosis, and that it may reduce the tingling sensations experienced.
- Circulation – receiving foot reflexology is known to improve your blood circulation to vital organs. This in turn can result in quicker healing and regrowth of any damaged cells.
- It can also be useful during pregnancy and even reduce the risks of post-natal depression.
The massage will last for 60–90 minutes.